The internal organization of medical transcription will include the following administrative functions:
• Control of medical transcription: work collected and shared must be controlled to ensure that it is carried out to the required level.
• Quality assessment: The accuracy / quality of the document transcribed should be assessed to minimize errors
You can also get Referral Pads, Forms & Sheets Printing at Custom Medical Stationery.
• Verification of delivery times: Timing of reports is critical for patient care, filing and recovery management, etc. Therefore, the execution plan must be adhered to
• Ensure safety: transcription will lead to transfer of confidential files to the patient. It must be ensured that all transmission lines are secure and compliant with HIPAA / HITECH
• Collection of All Transcripts: All transcribed records must be compiled on a central server so that they can be returned to the appropriate health care professional for further recording and use.
• Receiving Feedback: Feedback on recording quality, as well as required templates, should be collected from physicians and shared with transcription experts for implementation.
• Update / train medical transcriptionists on the latest developments: The medical field is expanded over time with new medicines, treatments, etc. The transcription team should stay informed about these developments
• Prepare for Vacation / Emergency Transcription Requirements: Due to random inflows of patients and staff changes during holidays, etc. Action needs to be taken to accommodate transcription needs during this time
• Notes: archiving medical reports for easy access in terms of future references for different needs
• Preventive maintenance organization of all facilities to avoid damage: Repair and maintenance of transcription facilities is an ongoing process, necessary for the smooth execution of transcription work.