Inventory management software is a system that allows you to track items along your company's supply chain. It electronically tracks your products and quantities, orders, sales, and deliveries. At the same time, it provides tools for monitoring inventory levels and generating reports.
Usually, business objects move in different directions. For starters, there is the purchase of shares. When a business customer purchases a product, this leads to a reduction in inventory levels. For that cloud-based inventory system is a better choice.
Image Source: Google
And there are often replacements or returns of defective products that need to be reported. This is difficult to understand without the help of transparent supply chain solutions.
Therefore, the best catalog management systems seamlessly manage inventory levels in the event of a sale, purchase, or return. Most IMS solutions also offer additional functionality to make inventory management more efficient.
The main feature of an ERP solution is to store, organize, track, manage and analyze inventory data efficiently and seamlessly.
Many features are usually included in IMS to meet these specifications. This includes the following:
1. A user-friendly interface that anyone in the company can navigate
2. Automation to eliminate manual product management processes associated with business functions
3. Reliable and secure database that provides accurate real-time data
4. Fast and accurate inventory adjustment in real-time
5. The ability for administrators to easily add software modules with minimal configuration, making the system scalable
6. All-in-one IMS solution for processing incoming and outgoing goods
7. Categorize different types of inventory with unique identification codes or labels